The Access to Learning Fund (ALF) is a non-repayable discretionary fund used to provide grants to home students (undergraduate and postgraduate) in order to relieve financial pressures, so they can concentrate on their studies and remain in higher education. The fund can be used to:
- Meet specific course and living costs not already met from other sources
- Assist students in financial hardship
- Provide emergency payments to deal with unexpected financial crises
- Help students considering leaving their courses due to financial problems
Please note that the Fund cannot help with tuition fees, and there is no guarantee of an award upon application.
Applications for the 2019/20 academic year are now open.
- Download a UEA Access to Learning Fund (ALF) Fund application form , DO NOT complete online. You must download/save the pdf first, then complete the editable pdf. Once completed, save it and then email it to a Student Life Adviser at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Upload your supporting documents to Student Services, visa the secure MS Form ALF Application Supporting Documents. YOU MUST save each file you are going to submit with the file name: SURNAME, FIRST NAME, type of evidence (ie bank statement).
You must complete both steps before your applicantion can be accessed.