Find out more about funding options available to you Find out more about funding options available to you

Students looking for financial aid can turn to a number of resources for help, advice, and additional support.

Financial support for Undergraduate students

There is additional support available for Undergraduate students including part-time students, those with children or disabilities, students from Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland, or other countries.

Further detailed information for home students can be found on the Government's Student Finance website.

If you are on a course funded by the NHS such as nursing, midwifery, physiotherapy, occupational therapy or speech and language therapy, details of the financial support available to you will be found at the NHS Student Bursaries website. This site also has information about bursaries for Social Work students. Further information is available on our Undergraduate webpages.

Financial support for Postgraduate students

Funding is available from a wide range of sources but there is no entitlement to funding except for PGCE and Social Work students. A useful summary of the main funding services can be found on the website. Further information about fees and scholarships for postgraduate taught degrees and research degrees can be found on our Postgraduate webpages.

Financial support for PGCE students

Detailed information can be found on the Government Student Finance website which also includes full details of the funding available to students from the EU, or on the The Teaching Agency website.

Financial help for Healthcare students

Student booklets on “Financial Help for Healthcare Students,” “Completing your Practice Placement Expenses Claim Form,” and “Help with Childcare costs for NHS Bursary Students”  for pre September 2017 are now available.  Read all about your bursary, placement expenses, and other financial support. 

Financial help for Medical students

The following article gives information on the Intercalation Year and general NHS funding for MED students. Additional resources for medical students can be found at


For further help, financial advisers in the Student Support Centre are available to discuss ways to manage on your student income. Contact an adviser by phone (01603 593290, 01603 591702 or 01603 593184) or e-mail (, or make an appointment by contacting the Student Support Service reception in person, by phone (01603 592761) or by e-mail (

Disabled Students' Allowances