There are prizes to be won in each year of study (although not all prizes are awarded each year).
Prizes for Years One and Two
- Head of School Prize - Year 1 - £150.
- Head of School Prize - Year 2 - £200.
- Luke Robinson Puddy Memorial Prize for first year undergraduate students registered in BIO and studying in the areas of population biology, conservation and ecology - £400.
Nomination for University Prize
- School nomination for Ede and Ravenscroft Prize - £1000.
Each Head of School is invited to nominate one student at their first or second year of full-time (or equivalent) study.
Undergraduate Microbiology Prize
- Best performance in Microbiology during Second Year - £150
Prizes for Finalists
- The Lovett Prizes - £500, £250 and £150.
- John and Pamela Salter Charitable Trust Prize - £100.
- Tony Sims Award for experimental biology - £200.
- George Duncan Memorial Prize - £250.
- Royal Society of Biology Top Bioscience Student - certificate of acheivement and a year's free graduate membership to the institute.
- Humane Research Trust Prize in Biomedicine - £250.
- Michael Graham Prize for Ecology - £100.
- Michael Graham Prize (BIO and ENV) - £100.
- Michael Graham Prize for Applied Ecology and Conservation - £100.