Examiners may find the following documents useful, as well as the PGR Examinations – FAQ.
Further queries can be addressed to the relevant Postgraduate Research Service team.
Research Degree Policy Documents
- Section 8 - Code of Practice for the Examination of Research Degree Awards at UEA [Updated August 2018]
- Section 9 - The Role of the Independent Chair [Updated September 2018]
Viva related regulations
- Instructions to Examiners for Research Degrees at the University of East Anglia [updated September 2018]
- Guidance on the use of videoconferencing or Skype (or equivalent) for an oral examination
Examiner Report Forms
- Pre-Viva Report Template (MsWord)
- PhD Post-Viva Final Report - standard template (MsWord) *
- Independent Chair's Post-Viva Report (MsWord)
* Separate Post-Viva Final Report templates are available for other research degrees and for PhDs in Professional Practice and Creative Writing. Please contact the PGR Service for copies of these.