We are a community committed to creating and nurturing an inclusive, supportive and safe environment for all.
“We all share a responsibility to create and maintain a safe, inclusive and welcoming culture on campus. Students and staff have the right to study, live and socialise in a safe community and as Vice Chancellor of UEA, I pledge to provide clear leadership and support for our Never Ok campaign”
Professor David Richardson
Never Ok aims to:
- To enable frank, open and honest discussion
- Providing clear signposting, training and support for all
- Creating a clear, robust system for disclosure, centralised reporting and seeking support
- Building relationships on trust and respect
- To foster a culture where there is zero tolerance for sexual harassment, violence or hate crime against anyone
- Take every disclosure seriously
- Establish and follow fair and transparent processes
- To reflect and review, to promote positive change
The University is committed to providing a safe environment to all students, staff and visitors. The University promises to thoroughly investigate all reports of inappropriate behaviour and conduct, and will implement recommendations and/or actions in line with the disciplinary policy, equality and diversity policies, and contracts of employment.
The University has zero tolerance towards:
- Sexual Assault and Harassment. Unwelcome sexual advances, verbal, written or physical contact without consent.
- Hate Incidents. Physical or verbal abuse towards a person or property based on the individual's real or perceived race, religion, nationality, age, gender, sexual orientation or disability.
- Relationships/Domestic Abuse. Emotional or physical behaviour by a person in a relationship to control another.
- Harassment and Bullying. Any unwanted behaviour that makes someone feel intimidated, degraded, humiliated or offended.
- 'Honour' Based Abuse , FGM, Forced Marriages. Enforced activities, including marriage, female genital mutilation or violence against women.