Most lockers in the building use keys that are issued in the same way as you borrow other library materials.
Borrowing a locker key
- They are available for 7 day loan (all borrower types)
- Collect the key and case from the High Demand Area (Floor 0) and use the self-service kiosks to issue.
- They will renew automatically 'indefinitely' until requested.
- If all keys are out on loan, you can place a request for one.
- There is a £1 per day fine for late renewal or return.
Please be aware that
- With the exception of bottled water, food, drink or other perishable items should not be stored in the lockers.
- To ensure fair access to library materials periodicals, reference books, and other unissued library material must not be stored in lockers.
- Staff may enter any locker which they believe is being used inappropriately.
Locations of lockers and who can use them
There are 48 lockers available in the Group Study Room on Floor 01 of the library which are available to all undergraduates; in addition a further 68 lockers are located in the library cloakroom.
It may be possible for students with additional needs to have a locker for a longer period; please contact the Student Support Service for further information.
There are lockers administrated by the Student Support Service in the Library foyer on floor 0 for those unable to access the lockers on Floor 01.
Postgraduate Students using the Postgraduate Reading Rooms:
There are 76 lockers available in the Taught Postgraduate Reading Room on Floor 2
There are 60 lockers available in the Research Postgraduate Reading Room on Floor 2
RAC students, INTO students & Visitors:
There are 12 coin operated lockers in the Library Cloakroom available for RAC & INTO students, External and SCONUL Borrowers and Library visitors on a daily basis. Please ask at the reception desk for details on how to access these.