Individual study rooms:
There are 42 individual study rooms in total:
- All individual study rooms have power points and wireless network access is available throughout the Library building.
- Some rooms on floors 01, 2 and 3 are also equipped with a PC.
- There is a fully accessible study room on floor 01 (room 01.20), with wide powered door, height adjustable desk and ergonomic chair.
Individual Study Booths:
There are 16 individual study booths located on Floor 01. Each booth is supplied with power and a lamp.
Group study rooms:
There are 20 bookable group study rooms in the Library building:
- There are 6 group study rooms on floor 0 and each will accommodate a maximum of 5 students. These rooms all have a PC and screen. Whiteboard paper is available on request.
- There are six group study rooms on floor 01 which seat between 6 and 16 people. These rooms have a PC, screen, whiteboard and provision for an external source e.g. laptop and extra sockets built into the table.
- Room 01.21 on floor 01 is a dedicated Film Viewing Room which can accommodate 10 people.
- The group study rooms on floors 1, 2 and 3 of the extension each have a PC and whiteboard. These rooms will accommodate a maximum of 7 students.
- There are also 4 smaller group study rooms also on floor 02 (02.47 and 02.48 capacity of 4, 02.49 and 02.50 capacity of 3). Please note there are no PCs available in these rooms.
See library floor plans for details
How to book rooms:
Rooms are bookable via eVision.
Individual and group study rooms are available to all registered campus based UEA or INTO students.
All rooms are bookable up to 7 days in advance through eVision. Rooms are bookable by students within the timeslots shown below:
|Library Group Study Rooms||Yes||2 hr||8:00-24:00||12:00-18:00||8:00-24:00|
|Library Individual Study Rooms/Booths||Yes||4 hr||8:00-24:00||12:00-24:00||8:00-24:00|
|Non-Library rooms (except Laboratories)||Yes||1 hr||8:00-18:00||N/A||N/A|
Interdisciplinary Research Space
The Interdisciplinary Research Space is an open, shared research space on Floor 1, where ideas and projects develop through collaboration. It is for Staff and Postgraduate Students to use for research activities and events, as well as for those running collaborative research activities with/for these groups. The Space is bookable up to six months in advance, but booked events will be open access (except in special circumstances), so others can use the Space while events are going on.
To view the booking calendar and more information on booking the Space for an event please click here.