Almost 20% of our staff and students already regularly cycle to campus but we want to encourage even more of you to switch to pedal power.
The University has invested over £1million in improved cycling facilities in recent years including:
- Provision of high quality facilities
- Increasing secure, covered bike parking
- Summer storage for students (open from 27th May to 30th September 2019) - collections at 11am and 3pm Monday to Friday - must collect before 1st October.
- Maintaining cycle and pedestrian routes
- Working with local organisations to identify safe cycling routes
- Providing a "Dr Bike" service offering free cycle health checks and a minor repair and maintenance service plus quality used cycles
- For staff, government backed "cycle to work" scheme
- Offering a buddi scheme for those who want to find someone to walk or cycle with, please register at https://liftshare.com/uk/bikeandwalk
Walking and cycling are relatively cheap forms of transport, they help to keep you fit and healthy and are emission free - making it good for everyone!
Find somewhere to park your cycle.