Almost 20% of our staff and students already regularly cycle to campus but we want to encourage even more of you to switch to pedal power.
The University has invested over £1million in improved cycling facilities in recent years including:
- Provision of high quality facilities
- A total of over 3,600 cycle parking spaces
- Increasing secure, covered bike parking
- Maintaining cycle and pedestrian routes
- Working with local organisations to identify safe cycling routes
- Providing a "Dr Bike" service offering free cycle health checks and a minor repair and maintenance service plus quality used cycles
- For staff, government backed "cycle to work" scheme
- Offering a buddi scheme for those who want to find someone to walk or cyle with, please register at https://liftshare.com/uk/bikeandwalk
- Stewart Ingram, Active Travel Officer to support students who wish to walk or cycle to UEA.
Walking and cycling are relatively cheap forms of transport, they help to keep you fit and healthy and are emission free - making it good for everyone!
Find somewhere to park your cycle.