Almost 20% of our staff and students already regularly cycle to campus but we want to encourage even more of you to switch to pedal power.
The University has invested over £1million in improved cycling facilities in recent years including:
- Provision of high quality facilities
- A total of over 3,600 cycle parking spaces
- Increasing secure, covered bike parking
- Maintaining cycle routes
- Working with local organisations to identify safe cycling routes
- Providing a "Dr Bike" service offering free cycle health checks and a minor repair and maintenance service plus quality used cycles
- For staff, government backed "cycle to work" scheme
Cycling is a relatively cheap form of transport, it helps to keep you fit and healthy and is emission free - making it good for everyone!