Visiting Exchange Students Visiting Exchange Students

Visiting and Exchange students starting courses in September should apply for accommodation in May/June, as most offers will be sent out in July.

Applications for the Spring semester should be submitted in November.

erasmus students erasmus students

If you are coming to UEA as an Erasmus student, you will not be guaranteed accommodation but you may still apply. We would usually advise non-guaranteed students to look for private sector accommodation using Homerun.

If you still wish to apply as a non-guaranteed student starting a course in September, you should apply for accommodation before the usual deadline at the end of July.  Applications for the Erasmus Spring semester should be submitted in the month of November. 

Please note, we will only contact non-guaranteed applicants if we are able offer a room. We will usually advise whether we are able to offer rooms to non-guaranteed students in late August or September.

Alternatively, Erasmus students may wish to consider the Homestay option for the opportunity to live with with a local person/family in a house or flat in Norwich. We will prioritise Erasmus students for our Homestay accommodation on a first come, first served basis.

How to apply for UEA accommodation How to apply for UEA accommodation

Visiting and Exchange students should apply for a room in UEA residences using the undergraduate accommodation application form

If you are joining us from one of the following, you will automatically receive an accommodation confirmation email when room allocations take place, and therefore do not need to apply:

  • Dickinson College
  • IFSA Butler
  • Roanoke College
  • Middlebury College
  • University of Redlands

When completing the online application form you will be given a range of options to rank in order of preference (please complete all options).

If you have any special requests please add details in the special requirements box on the form or email us directly. If you want to share with a particular student, include their name and student number on the form and make sure that they put your name and number on their form.

If you are coming to UEA for the Autumn semester or Spring semester only, you will have a special Autumn or Spring semester accommodation licence.

Due to the short length of the Autumn semester licence, the nightly rate is calculated at a premium and will be higher than the standard nightly rate. Please check the semester-pricing rates for the relevant academic year before making an application.



Study Abroad Office



One Semester Room Rates






Accommodation Options



Study Abroad Contact Details Study Abroad Contact Details

UEA Study Abroad Office:
Telephone: +44 (0)1603 591871