UEA will guarantee you accommodation in University owned or managed residences as a single student, provided that you meet all of the following requirements:
- You are a new entrant to UEA, starting the first year of your undergraduate course in September 2020
- You are starting a full-time course at UEA in September 2020
- We have received your application for accommodation by 31 July 2020 (11.59pm UK time, on 31 July 2020).
- You have fully met all academic conditions of your course offer by 1 September 2020 (unless advised in writing by UEA Admissions that you have a later deadline)
We aim to provide all first year students starting in September 2020 joining us via clearing with university accommodation. Your written offer will confirm whether you will be guaranteed accommodation with us.
The following groups of students are not guaranteed accommodation:
- Students who hold a firm offer who accept a change of Course offer, due to not meeting the academic conditions of the original course (unless otherwise advised in writing by UEA)
- Students starting an Undergraduate course who have lived in UEA accommodation during a previous wholly or partially completed Undergraduate course (not including pre-sessional English courses)
- Students who have lived in UEA accommodation during their UEA foundation year
- Students joining UEA on an Erasmus course
- Students starting an undergraduate course where the start date is later than 2 October 2020
- Students who have breached the Terms and Conditions of the Licence to Occupy, including debt, during previous licence periods.
Your guarantee is for a room in University residences, in accommodation otherwise managed by the University or by one of UEA’s partner organisations. The guarantee is not for a room of a particular type or, necessarily, a single room. This means that we cannot guarantee that you will be allocated your preferred residence or type of room, but we promise to do our best. If we do not have enough single rooms to meet demand, you may be offered a twin room to share with another student of the same gender as a temporary measure. Usually, as the term progresses, we are able to offer all guaranteed students a single room of their own.
If you have any queries relating to the UEA Room Guarantee please contact us.