UEA will guarantee you accommodation, provided that you meet all of the following requirements:
- You are a new entrant to UEA and an international (non-EU) first year postgraduate student
- You are starting a full-time course at UEA in September 2019
- We have received your application for accommodation before the end of 31 July 2019 (11.59pm UK time on 31 July 2019)
- You have paid the University Deposit by 31 July 2019 (11.59pm UK time on 31 July 2019)
- You have accepted your course offer by the 31 July 2019 (11.59pm UK time on 31 July 2019)
- You have fully met any conditions of your course offer by 08 August 2019 (unless advised in writing by UEA Admissions that a later deadline is acceptable)
The following groups of students are not guaranteed accommodation:
- UK (Home fee) or EU students
- Returning students who have completed an undergraduate course and are starting a postgraduate course.
- Returning Postgraduate students
- Registration only students
- Students starting a postgraduate course where the start date is later than 02 October 2019
While there is no guarantee for the above student types, you may still submit an application. Those who apply for a room will be kept updated via email.
Please note that we are unable to offer accommodation to part time students.
Your guarantee is for a room in University residences, in accommodation otherwise managed by the University or by one of UEA’s partner organisations. The guarantee is not for a room of a particular type or, necessarily, a single room. This means that we cannot guarantee that you will be allocated your preferred residence or type of room, but we promise to do our best. If we do not have enough single rooms to meet demand, you may be offered a twin room to share with another student of the same gender as a temporary measure. Usually, as the term progresses, we are able to offer all guaranteed students a single room of their own.
If you have any queries relating to the UEA Room Guarantee please contact us.