Office Online is the name for the web based versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote, available as part of the Office 365 suite.
They don’t require any install on your computer, which means you can use your UEA logon on any computer, tablet or phone to view, edit and collaborate on documents anywhere in the world. You can upload documents to your OneDrive and edit them in Office Online, or create documents from scratch.
Current Students and Staff can download the latest version of Microsoft Office via the Office 365 site, free of charge, through their University IT account. It can be installed on up to five personally owned PCs or Macs, as well as mobile devices including iPad, Android and Windows tablets.
Once downloaded, Microsoft Office will be available for you to use online and offline for the duration of your course or employment at the University. You may be asked to log in to Office 365 periodically to keep the Office products activated.
Currently when your course finishes, or your employment ends, your Office 365 subscription will also end. Any Microsoft Office software you have installed under your UEA login will go into reduced functionality mode, so make sure that you copy any files that you want to keep before you leave the University.
- Login to your UEA Office 365 site using your UEA IT login in the format, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Select the 'Install Office 2016' link in the top right corner of the browser window. This will initiate the download.
- Once downloaded run the installer file. This will then install Office 2016 on your device.
You can access your UEA email account from any virtually any mobile device from any location meaning its easier to keep on top of your appointments and up-to-date with important emails.
Log in at outlook.office.com/uea.ac.uk to access your email inbox and calendar.
This is the method the University recommends above all others as you can log directly into the service instead of via a third-party client, thereby providing the most accurate and up-to-date access.
Stay connected wherever you are, always up to date, wherever you access it
Office 365 syncs emails, calendars, and contact information across your devices in real time. So it’s up to date, no matter what device is in your hand.
Scheduling made simple
Shared calendars let you see when people are free or busy at any time. Scheduling is easy and-as much as possible-hassle free. From anywhere.
Safeguard your mobile data
If you lose your phone, don't panic. With Office 365, you can wipe your data from it remotely to prevent unauthorised access to your information.
Create a unique look for your messages
Your emails are more distinctive when you create a custom format and have more impact when you include images. Both are possible with Office 365, which allows you to send messages up to 150 MB. Plus, with 50 GB of storage per user, you can hold on to the messages and files you need.
Report a suspicious email
Spammers and phishing attempts are continually evolving, so if you receive a Spam/Junk email or a phishing email in your inbox, you can use the Report Message add-in from the Outlook ribbon, where you can do the following:
- Junk emails: Send an alert to Microsoft
- Phish emails: Create a UEA IT Service Desk ticket to alert us.
If you find an email in your Quarantine area that's not junk, you can release the message from Quarantine, into your Inbox and use the Report Message add-in to mark it as a legitimate email, this will report the false positive to help us improve the Spam filters. For more information about this new add-in see our Report Message instructions.
Additional Information for Reporting emails with inappropriate content.
As well as the familiar Office Apps, Office 365 offers you and your team additional apps to help you stay productive and organised.
- Organise your lesson plans and course content in your own digital notebook.
- Keep everything in a OneNote Class Notebook, and use its powerful search to find what you're looking for, even text in pictures or handwriting.
- Your notebooks are saved automatically and can be viewed from any devices, online or offline.
For more information, take a look at the Office 365 Class Notebook page.
- Sway makes it quick and easy to create and share polished, interactive reports, presentations, personal stories and more. Add your content, and Sway will do the rest.
- Bring your Sway to life with interactive content. Include a video to talk about your idea or add an interactive chart to let others dive into the details.
- You don't need to worry about formatting, Sway's built-in design engine takes care of it. If the first design isn't right for you, Remix! it to see others or customise it to make it your own.
- It's really easy to share a Sway. Family, friends, classmates and colleagues can see your creation on the web without signing up or downloading additional software. And you can change privacy settings for more control.
For more information, take a look at the Office 365 Sway page.
With Microsoft Forms, you can create surveys, quizzes, and polls, and easily see results as they come in. When you create a quiz or form, you can invite others to respond to it using any web browser, even on mobile devices. As results are submitted, you can use built-in analytics to evaluate responses. Form data, such as quiz results, can be easily exported to Excel for additional analysis or grading.
For more information, take a look at the Office 365 Forms page.
Take the chaos out of teamwork and get more done! Planner makes it easy for your team to create new plans, organize and assign tasks, share files, chat about what you’re working on, and get updates on progress.
For more information, take a look at the Office 365 Planner page.
- Quickly create apps that work on any device using a Microsoft Office-like experience, templates to get started quickly and a visual designer to automate workflows.
- Use built-in connections to connect PowerApps to cloud services such as Office 365 and OneDrive.
- Share PowerApps like documents. It’s as simple as typing an email address and your coworkers can take advantage of an app you created.
For more information, take a look at the Office 365 PowerApps page.
Create automated workflows between your favourite apps and services to get notifications, synchronise files, collect data and more.
For more information, take a look at the Office 365 Flow page.
Give your team instant access to everything they need right in Office 365.
- All your content, tools, people, and conversations are available in the team workspace.
- Enjoy built-in access to SharePoint, OneNote, and Skype for Business
- Work on documents right in the app
- Get rich scheduling features inside Microsoft Teams, plus ad-hoc 1-1 and group calling
For more information, take a look at the Office 365 Teams page.
Intelligent applications that work smarter together to help organise your team and anticipate and manage business needs.
For more information, take a look at the Office 365 Dynamics page.