The Student Support Service Wellbeing Adviser can help a student:
- Explore traits, experiences and present difficulties
- Establish if these could be suggestive of an Autism Spectrum Condition
- Discuss whether to go ahead with an assessment
- Discuss the process and cost of assessment
- Consider the possible impacts of a diagnosis – confidentiality, disclosure etc.
- What support is available whilst going through the assessment process
Students should request an appointment with the Wellbeing Adviser to discuss their situation, and staff should make contact with the Wellbeing Adviser if they wish to discuss a specific student.
Please note: all assessments take place on campus, usually in the Student Support Centre.
To speak to a Wellbeing Adviser or book an appointment, please contact the Student Support Service by calling 01603 592 761 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.