The Disability Team within the Student Support Centre is here to support you to begin and progress through your University career with confidence.
Your Wellbeing Adviser can offer the following:
- Support you with the Disabled Students Allowance process (if you are eligible)
- Help you explore accommodation options
- Ensure your school of study is aware of your support needs
- Request concessions for examinations (e.g. extra time, separate invigilation, use of a computer)
- Provide access to the ‘sticker system'
- Help you to arrange a mentor support for both the academic and social side of University life
- Help you to liaise with staff in different departments and organisations outside the university
- Arrange prospective student visits to aid the transition to University