Student Support Rep Recruitment
We are looking for current British and international students who will be continuing their studies at UEA in 2018/19 to take on the exciting role of a Student Support Rep to support the programmes, events, and activities organised by the Student Support Service. To be eligible you will need to have studied at UEA for at least one semester prior to September 2018 and interested in helping to support the work of the Student Support Service and International Students Advisory Team.
This exciting opportunity will give you the chance to meet and work with others, develop valuable transferrable skills, make friends and have fun through a combination of paid and volunteering roles. There will be some paid work within the Student Support Rep role, typically during the International Orientation and Discovery Weeks in September and January. You will also be expected to complete at least 6 hours of volunteering throughout the year.
What is a Student Support Rep?
The Student Support Representative, or Rep, is a current UK, EU or International UEA student with an interest in supporting other students, enhancing students'expereinces, and international student affairs. You will work closely with the International Student Advisory Team (ISAT) based in the Student Support Centre on a number of projects throughout the year with an emphasis on enhancing international students’ experiences and playing a key role in working during the new student arrival days and orienation. There are also a range of initiatives during the year on supporting new and existing students at UEA which you can volunteer to be part of.
What will a Student Support Rep do?
The role of a Student Support Service Rep will be varied and will include:
- Welcoming new international students to UEA.
- Assisting with the International Orientation and Discovery Week in September and January.
- Working during the Arrival Days.
- Volunteer at least 6 hours with a variety of opportunties throughout the year.
- Leading and supporting new international students to help them settle into life at UEA.
- Fluent English speakers can volunteer in the Language Support Buddy scheme by meeting weekly for 6 weeks one-to-one with an international student to practise their English.
- Supporting the activities of the Conversation Club.
- Giving UEA Campus Tours.
- Helping to organise international and other themed events.
- Working closely with the Student Support Service on various projects.
- Contributing social media accounts, #WeAreOne media campaign and focus groups.
- And more...
Apply to be a Student Support Rep
Applications for 2018/19 are now OPEN. If you are interested in becoming a Student Support Rep in the following academic year, please read the Job Description and Term and Conditions and Code of Conduct below.
Deadline to Apply is 5pm on 27 April 2018.
Terms, Conditions and Code of Conduct
Submit your application form either via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or to Paul Hartzler in the Student Support Centre at UEA.
If you would like more information or have any questions, please contact Paul Hartzler at email@example.com or 01603 592281.