#UEA Is United #UEA Is United

The Student Life International Team is here to support all students who are not from the UK. We are also here to help with any immigration issues students may have. If you have any questions on your immigration status or exercising your EU Treaty Rights in the UK, please come and visit us in the Student Life Centre in LSB 0.2 or send us an email to student.life@uea.ac.uk.

Student Life will continue to keep you updated on any developments via this webpage and emails. You can also use the links below to check your own circumstances and to sign up for updates from Gov.UK

Under the EU Settlement scheme there are 3 key steps to complete.

  1. Prove your identity,

  2. Show that that you live in the UK,

  3. Declare that you have no serious criminal convictions.

This is a free service if you already have a valid permanent residence or indefinite leave to remain documentation. The student life team can help you complete an application, email student.life@uea.ac.uk for an appointment. You will be able to exchange this for settled status for free.

The Home Office are planning to check employment and benefit records held by the government which will means that, for many, proof of residence will be automatic. If you have not yet lived in the UK for five years, you will be granted pre-settled status and be able to apply for settled status once you reach the five-year point.



Updates, Information and Resources

HM Government - EU Citizens' Rights Agreement - sign up for email updates and information

GOV.UK - Continute to Live in the UK After it Leaves the EU - check whether you can stay in the UK 

GOV.UK - Status of EU Citizens in the UK - more information including how to apply and how long you can be absent from the UK whilst you are in the pre/settlement qualifying period

UKCISA - Brexit: what we know for EU students