There are a variety of resources available for you to access online during the isolation period due to Covid-19.
Student App Enlitened
Students can now access Student Minds’ content through the Enlitened app, along with enhanced support for their mental health.
See more information and download Enlitened here.
UEA academic Dr Kate Russell (EDU) has recorded a series of mindfulness videos for students and staff to try guided meditation in their own homes or gardens. Read more information and to view the videos here.
Norfolk and Suffolk Foundation Trust - First Response
First Response is a 24/7 helpline offering immediate advice, support and signposting for people with mental health difficulties.
If you are experiencing something that makes you feel unsafe, distressed or worried about your mental health you can now call the helpline on 0808 196 3494.
More resources and charities offering specific guidance and support.
- Mind has produced some useful advice and guidance for people who are worried about Covid-19 and how it could affect their life.
- Student Minds has specific guidance on how to look after your mental health while staying at home.
- Every Mind Matters, a mental health campaign created by Public Health England, have created a range of resources with tips and advice on how to look after your mental wellbeing during the covid-19 outbreak.
- Headspace have put together some resources on their website to help with relieving stress, feeling overwhelmed and more. Including resources for supporting employee mental health, including guided mediation and exercises.
- The Online Recovery College have a range of courses available here, with subjects covering Lifestyle and Wellbeing, 5 Ways To Wellbeing, and Covid-19 related coping strategies.
- The Norfolk and Waveney Wellbeing Service has online support to help support wellbeing during the Coronavirus pandemic, students can use their University address in order to request a place on these online webinars They also have other Wellbeing courses available.
- If you are currently working, ACAS have information about the Covid-19 situation, and employment on their website.
Further details and more links can be found on this Wellbeing Resouces page.
Here are some of our favourite online ideas:
- Learn a new language for free! UEA have teamed up with Rosetta Stone to provide you with the opportunity to learn one of 24 languages.
- Chatterpack have put together a great list of 'free, online, boredom-busting resources!'
- Article from Penguin Books UK 'How to read more while you're social distancing'
- Free Courses from Future Learn: Courses for Keeping Busy During Social Distancing and Isolation
- Google Arts & Culture: Virtual Museum Tours
- PE with Joe Wicks weekdays 9am - daily live online workouts
- Nightly Met Opera Streams of complete performances from the past 14 years of cinema transmissions
- Daily Earth Live lessons with Lizzie Daly
- Play boardgame online at Tabletopia
- TED talks 'on pretty much every subject under the sun'
- The Royal Opera House are streaming ballets and operas at the following times:
- The Metamorphosis, The Royal Ballet, 2013 (17 April, 7pm)
- The Great British Home Chorus, led by Gareth Malone
- Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Garden
- San Diego Zoo
- Zoo Atlanta
- Zoos Victoria
- Georgia Aquarium
- Kitten Academy
Let us know if you have any suggestions to add to the list.