Firstly, you need to decide if your main purpose for mobility is to teach; to learn; or a combination of both.
You should ensure that your relevant line manager(s) is/ are aware of your interest in staff mobility and, in principle, that they are happy to release you from your regular activities for the duration of any placement.
Please note, that although Erasmus placements can be from 2 days to 2 months in duration (excluding travel time), to maximise the funding UEA has received, we will only be able to provide funding support for mobility of up to 2 weeks.
For any placement which is to include teaching, you need to be willing to conclude at least 8 hours of contact teaching per week of placement, at the the host partner.
- Check the list of existing UEA Erasmus staff mobility partners, to identify a list of possible placement options
- Contact potential partners, to discuss their requirements and opportunities to teach
- For partner contacts, good start points could be:
- Faculty lists ; Central or Faculty International Offices ; any listed Erasmus contacts
- N.B. Each institution will manage mobility differently, and so you may need to enquire at a few different places to get to the relevant contact.
- For partner contacts, good start points could be:
- Participation in training opportunities, such as shadowing opportunities, knowledge transfer meetings, workshops etc can form part of the placement activities, but should not replace the core 8 hours of contact teaching required.
If you have received an invitation to teach at another European institution, please make sure that your proposed teaching mobility meets the following criteria, if you would like to apply for Erasmus funding support:
- the institution is an Erasmus+ Staff Mobility partner and the agreement is within the relevant subject area
- the active mobility is at least 2 working days (excluding travel)
- the mobility will consist of a minimum of 8 contact teaching hours
- you will not receive renumeration from the host institution for the teaching activities delivered
If the mobility meets these 4 criteria then proceed to the UEA Staff Mobility Application for Funding
Otherwise, please contact email@example.com to discuss alternative options
Training opportunities can be sourced from a multitude of places and are not restricted to UEA's existing Erasmus partner list. This is however, a good place to start, especially as UEA would like to increase opportunities to enhance existing partnerships. There are also potential opportunites through our partners within the AURORA Network, as staff mobility can be linked to the Network's key priorities, and all partners are keen to increase active staff mobility within the Network.
- If approaching either a UEA partner institution, or another European institution, a good starting point will be:
- Central or Faculty International Office ; Direct contact at Office/ Service (e.g. would like to job shadow in Student Administration; or Finance etc)
- Check the iMotion database for any exisiting opportunities, such as 'Erasmus Staff Weeks'
- For opportunities outside HEI's, possible good starting points:
- Where necessary, complete any required application requested by the host institution/ organisation (e.g. if planning to attend a training course or organised 'Erasmus staff week')
N.B. Training course fees are not coverable by any eligible Erasmus grant awarded to a participant, and should be budgeted for from the sending school/ office's budget. The training received MUST be relevant to both the participant and sending school/ office.
Attendance at Conferences is considered NOT ELIGIBLE for Erasmus staff mobility funding.
Complete the Training/Teaching Mobility Agreement
This will need to be signed by line manager/HOS, as well as the host institution
Complete the UEA Staff Mobility Application for Funding
There is no guarantee for funding even if you are already accepted to participate on a teaching or training mobility. UEA receives a limited amount of grants and priority may be given to staff who have not previously participated on the Erasmus+ programme
Send scanned (original) copies to firstname.lastname@example.org
We will respond by email within 14 days to advise if you are eligible to receive a mobility grant.
- Book accommodation and flights through your School as early as possible
- Book your travel insurance – information for UEA staff travel insurance can be found here
- Complete and sign the Certificate of Attendance mobility document before you depart.
- Without this signed document we will not be able to issue your School the mobility grant
- Keep all original and electronic receipts
Upon return from your teaching or training mobility:
- Send copies of all travel and subsistence receipts to email@example.com
- Return the original Certificate of Attendance to the Erasmus Officer, Arts Building
- Complete the Staff Mobility questionnaire sent from the European Commission. This is a mandatory requirement before we are able to issue your School the mobility grant
- Provide any general feedback about the host institution or event to firstname.lastname@example.org
Once we have received all required paperwork we will make an internal recharge to the School budget code provided with the allocated mobility grant