Erasmus+ is the EU programme for education, training, youth and sport. Many of the initiatives are based on opportunities for students and recent graduates, Erasmus+ Staff Mobility funding is also available to help teachers, lecturers and non-academic staff develop their skills in schools, universities, colleges and adult education environments around Europe – through job shadowing, teaching and training activities.
It’s not only a great way to pick up new ideas and practices from a different education system, but it gives you the chance to build a relationship with that institution. Whether it’s two days or two months, Erasmus+ can help provide funding for the trip by contributing towards the cost of your travel and expenses.
Staff mobility is expected to contribute to the overall priorities of Erasmus+, the EU Agenda for Modernisation of Higher Education and UEA's International Strategy, as summarised in the ECHE. Staff mobility is not solely intended to be for the benefit or career development of the individual member of staff.
This page will take you through the application process.
Make sure that your proposed teaching mobility meets the following criteria.
- That the institution is an Erasmus+ Staff Mobility partner. This can be checked at this link. https://portal.uea.ac.uk/staff-mobility/agreed-teaching-staff-links
- That the mobility has a minimum of 2 days duration(ideally 5 working days)
- That actual teaching contact hours are a minimum of 8 hours per part or full week.
If the mobility meets these 3 criteria then click the button below to fill in the application form.
- Check that the proposed mobility meets the eligibility requirements, where the participant is engaged in active learning. For example, job shadowing, workshops or skill training.
- Complete the Online Staff Mobility application.
- Complete the Training/Teaching Mobility Agreement
This will need to be signed by line manager/HOS, as well as the host institution
- Complete the UEA Staff Mobility Application for Funding
There is no guarantee for funding even if you are already accepted to participate on a teaching or training mobility. UEA receives a limited amount of grants and priority may be given to staff who have not previously participated on the Erasmus+ programme
- Send scanned (original) copies to email@example.com
We will respond by email within 14 days to advise if you are eligible to receive a mobility grant.
- Book accommodation and flights through your School as early as possible
- Book your travel insurance – information for UEA staff travel insurance can be found here
- Complete and sign the Certificate of Attendance mobility document before you depart.
- Without this signed document we will not be able to issue your School the mobility grant
- Keep all original and electronic receipts
- Send copies of all travel and subsistence receipts to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Return the original Certificate of Attendance to the Erasmus Officer, Arts Building
- Complete the Staff Mobility questionnaire sent from the European Commission. This is a mandatory requirement before we are able to issue your School the mobility grant
- Provide any general feedback about the host institution or event to email@example.com
Once we have received all required paperwork we will make an internal recharge to the School budget code provided with the allocated mobility grant