RIN holds regular informative events for academic, research and support staff. Please check back regularly to see the new events which will be listed here with further details.
We can also provide bespoke presentations and training on, for example, effective grant applications; open access; IP; consultancy; research impact, and ethics for:
- Groups of academics or staff within specific Schools or departments
- Faculty leadership teams
- Faculty Research Exec members
- Research centres.
If you would like to find out more please contact Kate.email@example.com x7924.
i-Teams heads into its sixth year at UEA
i-Teams is an exciting initiative involving early careers researchers from the University of East Anglia (UEA), institutes across the Norwich Research Park, Norwich University of the Arts (NUA) and University of Suffolk.
Working collaboratively with peers and business mentors, the teams are exploring and developing marketing and commercial opportunities for projects derived from existing academic research projects or projects from the heritage sector, to create an impactful business proposal.
In 2020 we have 35 team members working on five projects with either a technology or heritage focus:
- Microplastic detection: Exploring several commercial opportunities from the School of Chemistry at UEA.
- Detection of plant parasitic nematodes: A joint project from the School of Biology at UEA and the Earlham Institute.
- Gamification of the workforce: Exploring workforce motivation using research from the Norwich Business School.
- Digital Ted: Working with the Broads Authority to open up the archive of Ted Ellis for the next generation.
- Animating the Literary Archive: Working with The British Archive for Contemporary Writing to plan an exhibition around their archive of contemporary writers.
Final presentations will be held at The Enterprise Centre at UEA on 31 March 6-9pm
If you would like to see how the projects have developed, drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you out an invite.
For more information on our projects, plans and training, please head to our website