RESEARCH COUNCIL GUIDANCE
OTHER FUNDERS GUIDANCE
EU Horizon 2020
Impact is one of the grading criteria used to judge H2020 applications. The grading criteria are clearly laid out in the Horizon 2020 documentation, do study them carefully as the interpretation of impact is quite explicit, and relates to such things as extent to which the outputs of the project should contribute at the European and/or international level (for more information see Horizon 2020 General Annexes, Evaluation). The definition of impact for these applications is different to that seen for RCUK or the REF.
Applications to the Wellcome Trust include a section asking you to outline an Engagement plan. Where applicable, applications should include the following:
- The vision for your programme, including aims, target audiences, activities and outputs;
- Public engagement experience of staff and external partners;
- How your programme will be monitored and evaluated, including success indicators;
- Host organisation support for the programme;
- A high-level budget breakdown.
The assessment process varies depending on the scheme, but all assessments are undertaken with the scientific merit of the application as the primary focus.