UEA GCRF Rapid Response funds
Rapid response Funds will support activities to leverage the research excellence at UEA for impact in the developing world. All GCRF funding must comply with Official Development Assistance (ODA) criteria, and all activity must be reported on an annual basis. As such, a central aspect of any GCRF-funded activity must be the focus on benefits to developing countries (on the DAC list of ODA recipients) as a primary outcome.
Rapid response funds may be requested up to a maximum of £25,000. Award decisions will take into account the potential for impact, and value for money.
Eligible activities may include:
- ODA research capacity building
- Interdisciplinary and collaborative research activity
- Generating impact from research both within and beyond the sector
- Pump-priming activities to support larger research projects, including relationship building
- Rapid response to emergencies where there is an urgent research need
To apply for rapid response funds:
- Read the Guidelines for Applicants and Application Form (Word version to be downloaded and filled) as early as possible. Applications must include:
- The approval of the Head of School or Department
- A completed ethics checklist
- A breakdown of costs for the proposed activities
- Send the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org