Useful funding databases
- ResearchProfessional offers customised searches and alerts for research funding in all disciplines.
If you have a current UEA email address you can start browsing from any computer on campus. (To access the site from elsewhere or to save searches you should first create a personal account.)
- RD Funding lists current funding opportunities for health and social care research
- The EU Participant Portal allows you to search for a call by name or by topic
- UKRO, the European office of the UK Research Councils, holds information about European-related funding and policy news. (To access the subscriber pages you need to create a personal account at https://www.ukro.ac.uk/aboutukro/Pages/register.aspx.)
For help with registering and setting up funding searches, please contact your Project Officer.
RIN's weekly funding bulletins
Every week RIN prepares a funding bulletin for each Faculty, which includes the latest relevant funding opportunities and news about funding events. Please contact your Project Officer if you would like to receive these directly to your email address. They are also uploaded to our Funding Opportunities - Bulletins & Updates page.
European and international funding opportunities
The EU and international teams within RIN can help with enquiries relating to funding schemes enabling international research (inc. providing information on their structure and strategic purpose, deadlines, eligibility criteria, funding rates, qualifying rules). The teams can also help academics/researchers plan for upcoming calls, through RIN info sessions and 1:1 meetings.
- More information can also be found on our European Funding page.
- The team maintains a library of NRP-wide case studies of EU-funded projects.
A fortnightly European Funding Update - with details of new and upcoming calls, consultations, events that may be of interest, and wider European funding-related developments - is circulated on an 'opt-in' basis, so please contact email@example.com if you would like to receive this. The updates can also be found on the Funding Opportunities - Bulletins & Updates page.
- The international funding team supports applications to international (non-European) funding sources, as well as to Official Development Assistance (ODA) funding schemes, including the Global Challenges Research Fund (GCRF) and the Newton Fund.
International and ODA funding opportunities are circulated via an email newsletter on an 'opt-in' basis, so please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to receive this. The updates can also be found on the Funding Opportunities - Bulletins & Updates page.
The ResearchProfessional and UKRO websites include some information about enterprise funding. (In ResearchProfessional use the ‘Academic-Industry Links’, ‘Technology Innovation/Development’ and/or ‘Research Calls for Business’ award types.)
RIN can also provide personalised information about tenders and consultancy opportunities. Please contact your Project Officer to find out more.
If you are interested in working with business then a Knowledge Transfer Partnership could help you build relationships with external organisations and find collaborative funding.
More information about enterprise funding, both internal to UEA and managed by UEA, can be found on our Internal Funding Opportunities page.
For more information about impact, including funding, please go to our Impact pages.