About PURE and PURE Data
PURE is a research information tool for use by you as an individual member of staff or as an academic manager. It provides access to data held in University systems about your research and enterprise activities and allows you to add additional research or enterprise data.
PURE is managed by REN in conjunction with ISD, LIB and ARM and supported by UEA's Research Executive and ISD Research Board.
Data from University systems that feed to PURE:
- Data about you, your School and group links fed from UEA's HR system via SPOT
- Data on your research and other projects and applications from PMA/ABW
- Data on your PGR supervision from SITS
- Data about your intellectual property, licenses and enterprise projects from MyIP (coming soon)
Data in PURE, as may be relevant, will be used:
- To feed to UEA's Digital Repository
- To feed to UEA's People Pages
- To support School Research Activity Plans (which have replaced RPlan)
- To submit for REF2020
Within PURE you can add/edit or amend certain data held on PURE about your research and/or your profile. Please see our User Guide and Forms page to access user guides to help you get the best out of PURE.
As a member of UEA staff you have direct access to your PURE pages where you can:
- Review data fed from other systems
- Enter/edit data about publications and other outputs; research activities, research impacts and your profile.
Please see our User Guide and Forms page to access user guides to help you get the best out of PURE.
Simply go to https://pure.uea.ac.uk where, provided you are logged onto your machine, you will have direct access to your PURE pages.
PURE and Public Access
Please note your own PURE pages at https://pure.uea.ac.uk are on the intranet and are not open to the public. Only data approved to be shown in one of the UEA publically accessible websites (or pages) is open to the public.
Selected information in PURE is made available to the public through the following webpages:
- UEA Digital Repository, where they can search for publications and other outputs. More information can be found on our UEA Digital Repository page.
- UEA People Pages, where they can see details on your publications and other outputs and your personal profile, including both research and teaching.
Intranet access to PURE is restricted to yourself, relevant academic managers, PURE support staff and certain Faculty support staff if approved by your Faculty Manager.
Open Access to research outputs
PURE help and support
The sections below are designed to help you get the best out of PURE. If you cannot find what you are looking for then please contact the PURE helpdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org who will endeavour to support you.
Please note, REN aims to respond to all queries within at least 1 week and to update your outputs, following a request from you, within 2 weeks provided we have all the information required.