There are a number of services and sources of information that you may find of use from the outset of your studies, some of which can be found below. If you have any queries which are not covered here, or in our menu options at the left of the page, please contact the PGR Service for advice.
It is the University’s aim to make the start of your degree as easy as possible. The new students' web site will guide you through the crucial things you need to do before, during and in the weeks after your arrival at UEA.
You can check and amend your student records by logging onto eVision.
Check your relevant Graduate School webpage for specific information relating to your School, Institute or Faculty.
Facilities for Postgraduate Researchers
Alongside the facilities open to all students at UEA, there are some resources for postgraduate use only, which are detailed on our 'Facilities for Postgraduate Researchers' page. PGR areas specific to your Faculty can be found on your relevant Graduate School webpage and in handbooks.
There are a number of areas within UEA that will represent and support you across a range of different needs during your studies. These include:
- Student Services (STS) including the Wellbeing Service, Disability Support, Learning Enhancement Team, Student Life Advisers (International) and Financial Advice
- The OpenUp UEA App and the Enlitened App, supporting student wellbeing
- Nightline confidential listening service
- UEA Students' Union (UEASU) including the Advice Service and Postgraduate(su); you may find this Student Union podcast from summer 2018 (MP3 8MB) useful - it was recorded by Madeleine Colledge, UEA SU Postgraduate Education Officer (2016-18)
- Multifaith Centre
- UEA’s careers services, CareerCentral
- UEA Medical Services (UMS), including UEA Dentist
- IT Services
- The UEA Library
- Campus Accessibility
There are a number of key Regulations that you should familiarise yourself with whilst studying at UEA. These include:
- The Code of Practice for Research Degrees [UPDATED OCTOBER 2019]
- The UEA Academic Calendar, especially Section 3 - Regulations (Awards)
- The Research Degree Policy Documents [UPDATED OCTOBER 2019]
For additional services and sources of information please see our Further Information for Postgraduate Researchers page.