These are standard forms, used in all faculties, others can be found on Graduate School websites.
Please don't forget to include an outline work plan!
Fees and Funding
Personal and Professional Development
Please see the dedicated PGR Doctoral Training Pathways page for details, including the Personal and Professional Development Plan (PPDP) template and other documentation.
Please see the dedicated PGR Concessions page for details and forms for the concessions process.
(for ClinPsyD, EdD, MEd, ProfD and EdPsyD students only)
- Academic Regulations: Extenuating Circumstances (Research Programme Assessment) (PDF)
- Report Form (PDF)
- Report Form (MS Word)
Note: Extensions of 7 working days shall be approved automatically on receipt of an Extenuating Circumstances Report Form on one occasion in an academic year per student. There shall be no requirement for supporting evidence and the student may treat the request as approved on submission of the form. (see section 5.1 in the above Regulations for full details).
Research/Fieldwork Absence Approval Form
Forms for thesis submission
- Application for approval of thesis title and examiners, August 2014 (MS Word)
- Research Degree Entry Form (Ms Word) [Updated September 2017]
Examiner Report Forms
- Pre-Viva Report Template (MS Word)
- PhD Post-Viva Final Report - standard template (MS Word) *
- Independent Chair's Post-Viva Report (MS Word)
* Separate Post-Viva Final Report templates are available for other research degrees and for PhDs in Professional Practice, Creative Writing and Musical Composition. Please contact the PGR Service for copies of these.