Over the last year the Admissions, Recruitment and Marketing (ARM) Division have been working with IT and Postgraduate Research Service (PGR) colleagues to implement a new direct application solution for postgraduate applicants to apply to UEA. Postgraduate research applicants are now able to apply through the new system TargetX and we have started training academic reviewers during October to December.
TargetX runs off the well-established Salesforce platform and has many new features including the ability for people to apply using their mobile phones or tablets. Previously UEA has been using one application form which caters for approximately 2,000 different courses. TargetX forms are more intuitive for applicants to find the PhD project or research degree course that they want to apply for, and for referees to upload a reference. The system has the capacity to continue to evolve to meet our needs and to incorporate more of our PGR recruitment and selection processes over time.
During summer 2019, ARM and PGR have continued to support current PGR enquirers and applicants in the old system (AY / Connect / AppReview) which will be phased out across UEA shortly. We have been systematically transitioning rolling over to TargetX for our new PGR applicants and enquirers, using the new system for start dates from 1 January 2020 onwards.
If you are an academic reviewer about to start using TargetX, please follow the steps below.
- Read through the Training document below first, to get an overview of the process.
- If you don’t already have access to TargetX, you may need to complete the online user request form. You may need to scroll down for the box titled ‘TargetX-Salesforce’. If you are not sure who to list as the ‘admissions office contact’, put your usual PGR Service contact.
- Once you have access, use your browser (Chrome, Firefox or Safari; don’t use Edge) to go to uea.my.salesforce.com and log in. Refer to the Training document and the How-To Guide below.
Academic Reviewers' Training Material
Academic Reviewers' Training Material – All Academic Selectors
Academic Reviewers’ Training Material – Specific Groups
- TargetX PGR Guidance for Academic Staff in HUM (PDF)
- TargetX PGR Guidance for Academic Staff in SSF (PDF)
If you have any questions about the transition to TargetX for PGR applicants, contact Dr Vivien Easson, Head of Postgraduate Research Service, or the ARM Data and Systems team.