For 2013 entry the University offered the following bursaries for Home and EU students:
|Household income less than £16,000||£3,000||per annum for up to four years* of undergraduate study|
|Household income £16,001 to £20,000||£2,000||per annum for up to four years* of undergraduate study|
|Household income £20,001 to £25,000||£1,000||per annum for up to four years* of undergraduate study|
|Science, Computing or Humanities Foundation Year
with household income less than £42,611
|£4,500||Foundation Year only|
|Care Leaver||£3,000||per annum for up to four years* of undergraduate study|
* Support is provided for no more than four years of study even if course is longer. Note that a Foundation Year counts as one year of study towards your maximum of four years of bursary support.
Support is on a fee pro-rata basis for those students paying half fees or less. If a student has an income of under £16,000 and is a Care Leaver, they will be eligible for a £3,000 fee waiver.
The form in which eligible students will receive their bursary can be chosen by the student from the following option:
- Full bursary amount as a fee waiver (default option)
- Full bursary amount as a University accommodation discount
- £1000 cash bursary, and remaining balance as an accommodation discount or as a fee waiver
- Full bursary amount in cash (this option is only available for students in their second year onwards)
Support for students with a household income of less than £16,000 is provided as part of the Government's National Scholarship Programme.
Students on NHS funded courses (i.e. where no fee is payable from the student) offered by the University are not eligible for a University bursary. NHS funded courses are those offered by the School of Nursing Sciences and School of Allied Health Professions.
Please use the following link for our bursary Terms and Conditions [PDF, 183KB].
The table below details the Scholarships we will be offering Home and EU students in 2013. Scholarships will be awarded to students who achieve well academically, both before they attend the University and also once they are studying with us. Students do not need to apply for the below scholarships, all students are automatically considered based on academic achievement. The table below outlines the scholarships on offer.
|Entry Scholarship||Awarded to students who achieve AAA at A level (excluding General Studies) or equivalent*. Eligible students will be advised during first semester.||£1,500 one off payment in February.|
Excellent academic achievement during undergraduate study. Students are considered for award based on end of year results in years 2 and 3 (or year 4 if on a year abroad/year in industry course).
|£1,000 one off payment.|
|City Academy Norwich Ambassadorial Scholarship||Only students from City Academy Norwich from a low household income considered.||A competitive full fee waiver scholarship and free accommodation.|
* For the purposes of the Scholarship scheme, the University recognises the grade equivalences outlined in our Terms and Conditions [PDF, 183KB]
Submit an enquiry to the Bursaries Office.
For information for prospective students please take a look at our main pages for the latest information.