Payment of Bursary and Scholarships in 2017/18 (HEBSS)
- The university will be paying the bulk of its scholarships and bursaries to eligible PGCE and full-time undergraduate students FROM 6th December 2017. The 2nd instalment of all scholarships will be paid on 14th February 2018.
- In most cases, students will be paid directly into their bank accounts via Student Finance England (SFE).
- Those who do not receive support via SFE, will receive payment of scholarships, where applicable, from the university. They will be contacted by the UEA Planning Office to arrange payment. (ONLY the Pathway Scholarship is exempt from this method of payment).
- Eligible students will not need to do anything further to receive their awards, unless they are contacted by the Bursaries and Scholarships team regarding direct payment.
The team is currently assessing all students automatically for eligibility. From mid-November 2017 onwards you should be able to view your bursary/scholarship confirmation letter on line at direct.gov. By selecting 'Logon to your student finance account' on the right hand side of the screen and then enter your customer reference number (formerly ART ID) when requested. Once in your account select 'view correspondence' and select 'entitlement' to view your confirmation letter. This will give you your exact payment date.
- Anyone who believes they are eligible, but who has not received payment by 15th December 2017 should contact Carole Timm on +44(0)1603 59 1891 or submit an enquiry.
- Students who were previously in care may be eligible for the Care Leavers Bursary worth £500 a year. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.
Current and returning students of the UEA (HEBSS)
If you are an undergraduate or PGCE student who started at UEA between 2006 and 2011 and you wish to view information about the UEA Bursary and Scholarship schemes already in operation then details of the schemes, together with the eligibility and renewal criteria of the awards can be found in the Terms and Conditions.
Bursaries and Scholarships are processed and paid via Student Finance England (SFE). In order for UEA and the SFE to be able to assess your eligibility you will need to have applied for SFE funding. Access the online application.
If you are unsure whether you have given the appropriate consent to share please contact SFE team (Student Finance England) dedicated to this on 0300 100 0607.
- For other queries regarding the continuation of a Bursary or Scholarship you can submit an enquiry to the Bursaries and Scholarships office.
- For additional advice and information on managing your finances please visit the Student Support Services pages.
- Find information regarding other benefits and loans available via Student Finance England direct.gov.
UEA Prizes and Scholarships
There are also numerous Prizes and Scholarships generously donated by the University of East Anglia alumni and friends of the university that are available on various courses.
Post 2011 Starters
If you commenced your undergraduate degree with UEA after August 2012 then you will be covered by the University Bursary schemes. View full details of the bursary and Entry scholarship schemes available for the current academic year, along with the Terms and Conditions for these awards.
For NHS students who started pre August 2017, and in receipt of an NHS bursary. These queries will be handled by the NHS bursaries unit, who can be contacted on 0300 330 1345 or via their website.