Post Release is required for the vast majority of posts in the University before the recruitment process may begin. To apply for a post release please use the form provided. Completed post release forms should be submitted as follows:
These may be signed off at Faculty Executives provided that:
1. They are for academic staff posts that impact the SSR (ATR, ATS, AT);
2. They are within the Faculty approved budget for all years affected; and
3. They are within the School (HESA) reportable approved/targeted SSR, for all years.
If the post falls outside these criteria then it should be submitted to Postrelease@uea.ac.uk for consideration. Posts received by noon on a Thursday are submitted to the relevant Executive Team member that day and responses are normally made within one week.
All other posts
- Direct replacements at (or below) the current grade/FTE
These should have a post release notification sheet completed and submitted to the relevant Finance Manager and HR Manager.
- All other posts
A Post Release form should be completed and submitted to Postrelease@uea.ac.uk. Posts received by noon on Thursday are submitted to the relevant Executive Team member that day and responses are normally made within one week
The only exceptions to the above are:
- Facilities Support: posts up to and including Grade 5 may be released by the Director of Estates or their nominee which will normally be the Head of Facilities Support and/or Assistant Director – Estates Operations;
- Catering: posts up to and including Grade 5 may be released by the Director of Sport and Commercial Services or their nominee which will normally be the Head of Catering and Hospitality.
- Sportspark: posts on the specific Sportspark scale may be released by the Director of Sport and Commercial Services.
Prior to submitting a request for post release please ensure that the form is fully completed and authorised by the relevant HR Manager, Finance Manager and Executive Dean/Director of Service.