UEA’s student sport clubs are run by UEA’s PE and Sport department (uea+sport). The student societies are run by uea|su. Students do not have automatic access to student clubs and societies. Students must be an associate member of the uea|su to be eligible to apply to join a club or society.
Note that specific clubs or societies have respective joining fees in addition to the associate member fee.
Subject to a club’s discretion, students over the age of 18 years who are uea|su associate members can become an ‘associate member’ of UEA sport clubs.
- An annual Sports Association Membership (SAM) fee is mandatory to enable membership of one or more of the clubs
- The respective club fee is paid to each club that is joined (prices vary by club)
Standard 'Plus' membership:
- Where a prospective associate member will bring with them a skill / benefit that positively affects the club or uea+sport function e.g. qualified coach that will take club sessions, help manage the team; drivers for mini-buses where the club / uea+sport would have had to pay for a driver.
- SAM payment or club fee may be waived.
The following sports programmes are also available for associate members to access:
- ‘ueactive’ – a scheme to engage with students that are currently inactive, have not played sport for some time, or cannot join a club e.g. taster sessions and zero commitment drop-in sessions.
- Ad hoc sports UEA sports competitions and Intra-mural leagues
Any student holding a UEA campus card will be deemed eligible to compete for UEA in the British Universities and Colleges Sport (BUCS) when completing the minimum of 225 hours of study at their FE institution, as required within the BUCS regulations.
Note students can only participate in BUCS on behalf of UEA or their college, not both.
Non-BUCS competitions will also be open for associate members to participate as long as they possess a current UEA campus card.
Associate members will not be eligible for club committee positions.
Ziggurat and inter-varsity competitions are unfortunately unavailable for associate members to participate in.