The involvement of UEA in the detail of examination arrangements will vary between partner institutions but the following procedures should be applied in order to ensure consistency with the UEA Code of Practice as per Chapter B10 Managing Higher Education Provision with Others of the QAA UK Quality Code:
- assessment/examination regulations are approved by UEA;
- memberships of Boards of Examiners are set out in the regulations approved by UEA;
- Boards of Examiners meetings can be attended by the appropriate UEA Academic Link and Partnerships Office representatives;
- External Examiner appointments are approved by the UEA Academic Director of Partnerships;
- dates of Boards of Examiners meetings must be agreed with the Partnerships Office;
- the Secretary to Boards of Examiners meetings is a suitably trained member of partner institution administrative staff.