The School was founded in 2003 and has quickly risen to become one of the top pharmacy schools in the country, number one in the Guardian University Guide (2013). Our Pharmacy degree is highly acclaimed for its innovative content and teaching methods and was reaccredited by the General Pharmaceutical Council in 2012 with no conditions or recommendations.
The Schools of Study at UEA teach thousands of undergraduate and postgraduate students each year across the four faculties of our campus in Norwich.
We’re looking forward to welcoming you to Pharmacy.
If you haven’t already, check out our School pages on the UEA website.
Once you have registered online you will also need to attend a registration event (unless you are an undergraduate home student living in UEA accommodation, since you are registered automatically when you pick up your room keys).
Welcome to the School of Pharmacy, we are really pleased that you have decided to study with us. My colleagues and I look forward to working with you, ensuring that you have all the support you need to be successful in your studies.
Your first week at UEA will be a busy and exciting one. You will meet many new people and there will be a lot of information to take in. To get the most from your first few weeks here I urge you to:
- Attend as many of the welcome events as you can. The Welcome Week has been designed to help you settle in as quickly as possible and you can find a mix of welcome, induction and academic events that we have planned for you by downloading the Welcome Week programme from the links below.
- Familiarise yourself with our IT systems. E:Vision, the SCI Student Zone on Blackboard and the UEA Portal are all critical to your time here. Take a look at the useful guide below on how to get started so you are ready to go as soon as you arrive.
- Take some time to familiarise yourself with both the University and the School’s commitment to equality and diversity
- And most importantly speak to as many people as possible and ask questions! During your welcome week there will be opportunities to meet your Academic Advisor, your student buddy, the academic team and of course your fellow students.
I do hope you will enjoy being a student here and that you will take full advantage of studying at one of the UK’s leading Schools of Pharmacy.
I wish you every success in your studies and look forward to meeting you in person soon.
Professor Mark Searcey,
Head of School
Once you receive an email confirming your place, follow the links to register online and set up your IT account, UEA username and password. You will need this to be able to access your personalised timetable information and gain access to the SCI Student Zone. This is our area for all Science students to find common and School only information, including module choice where relevant. It is an important reference area not only in your first few weeks but during all your time here at UEA.
Follow these instructions once you have registered online:
- Go to https://portal.uea.ac.uk
- Select BLACKBOARD from the 3 orange buttons towards the top of the screen
- Type in your UEA username and password, and select Sign In
- At the top right of the screen select SCI Student Zone
Pharmacy has a tab called "Start of Year" with information that you will find helpful in your first few weeks at UEA. Do browse all of the other tabs as they are full of useful information too.
More information on registering online is available here
If you didn't find the answers you were looking for on the new students website, just fill in the box below with your enquiry and we will get back to you.