The University of East Anglia is an internationally renowned university based on the Norwich Research Park in the historic English city of Norwich. We have a community of about 1400 research students studying the full range of academic disciplines who are provided with excellent training through our Graduate Schools.
NBI PGR Registration and Orientation
Monday 1 October 2018, 09:30 to 12:30
Full details of the registration and orientation programme is below. You can download a PDF copy here.
NBI PGR Induction Programme
- Friday 28 September 2018, 09:30 to 17:00 - Welcome to Norwich Bioscience Institutes (followed by social event)
- Tuesday 2 October 2018, from 09:30 - Norwich Biosciences Induction (am) and Computer Orientation and Stores and Purchasing (pm)
- Wednesday 3 October 2018, 10:00 to 19:00 - Learning and Development at NBI (am), Health and Safety - General Awareness (pm), followed by Pro-Vice Chancellor PGR Welcome Reception (17:00-19:00)
- Thursday 4 October 2018, from 10:00 - DTP Student Workshop (NRDTP and iCASE students only)
- Friday 5 October 2018, from 09:00 - Research Ethics, Integrity and Regulations (am) and Rotation PhD student presentations (pm - Rotation students only)
- Friday 5 October 2018, from 16:30 - DART MRC CASE student welcome
- Thursday 11 October 2018, from 11:00 - QIB seminar
- Thursday 25 October 2018, from 14:00 - Chemical Safety for Scientists
Phone: +44 (0) 1603 450769
EU (European Union), EEA (European Economic Area), Overseas and British students born outside the UK arriving during week commencing 24 September are encouraged to visit the Student Visa Compliance Team in the Admissions Office in Lawrence Stenhouse Building (LSB) 1.120 to have Visas and Passports checked.
If you have not had your documents checked before 1 October you must visit the Student Visa Compliance Team in the Lawrence Stenhouse Building (LSB) between 09:30 and 10:30 for your visa and passport checks to be done prior to completing registration in the Thomas Paine Study Centre Foyer.
Home students: go directly to Thomas Paine Study Centre Foyer
|Thomas Paine Study Centre Foyer|
|09:30 - 11:00||Completion of registration and verification of academic documents
Collection of Welcome Packs
Information Mart and opportunity to engage with representatives from a range of information and support services including:
Careers - Library - Outreach - Sustainable Transport - Student Union - UEA Sport - International Students Advisory Team (ISAT)
|Thomas Paine Study Centre Lecture Theatre|
|10:45 - 11:00||Welcome - Now you are a PGR
|11:00 - 11:45||Making the Most of the Student Support Service and the Courage Wellbeing Project
|11:45 - 11:55||Presentation from the Careers Service: Dr Rosemary Bass, Careers Advisor|
|11:55 - 12:05||Presentation from UEA Sport: Joe Skeet|
|12:05 - 12:15||Introduction to the UEA Student Union: Martin Marko, Postgraduate Education Officer|
|12:15 - 12:30||Presentation from ISAT (International Students Advisory Team) for international students only: Susan Peters Corbett, International Student Officer|
|12:30||Optional campus tour including visit to PGR Service (Elizabeth Fry Building 2.30), Sports Park, Library, Student Support Services, The Street led by current PGR students|
|Afternoon||Unless advised otherwise: opportunity to meet your supervisors (meetings to be arranged in advance) or familiarise yourself with the campus if supervisors unavailable.|
If you didn't find the answers you were looking for on the new students website, just fill in the box below with your enquiry and we will get back to you.
Download the International Student Handbook guide from the Welcome to UEA app
- From arriving to UEA to graduating, find the helpful information and resources
- Essential information to help you settle in e.g. opening a bank account, bus and travel information, where to buy essential items and much more
- Find the International Orientation Programme with events, information and more
- Connect to other new international students at UEA
- Have the important arrival information for UEA