UEA and uea|su are working in partnership to Change The Culture. This partnership is extremely important to bring about genuine change from staff and students through:
- Raising awareness of what assault, harassment and discrimination are and how they can be experienced.
- Developing training and advice/guidance resources.
- Developing effective person focused systems and processes with clear support mechanisms.
- Continuing to further develop positive links with external services.
Consent Matters Online Training Course
Good sex needs good communication- consent matters. Take the online course available on Blackboard.
Bullying, harassment, sexual harassment and violence, and discrimination are NeverOK. All staff, students, and visitors to our campus can report something anonymously or get support from an adviser.
- All reports will be treated confidentially.
- We will only act with the Reporter's permission
- Support and advice will be offered to the Reporter.
The Report It form is to give the opportunity for students, staff and visitors at UEA to report any incidents of assault, harassment and discrimination that they have experienced or witnessed. Report It allows the University to offer support and guidance, take any action as agreed by the reporter, and to collect more accurate data of incidents to understand issues on our campus.
You can choose to report anonymously, however if you do, we will not be able to offer any support or guidance to you.
If you require immediate assistance, then please contact
- On campus: Security 01603 592222
- Off campus: Police 999
- Student Support Services 01603 592761
- Human Resources 01603 593034 (for staff)
Never OK and Changing the Culture
The University in partnership with the Students' Union believe that everyone has the right to live, study and work in a safe and supportive environment. That everybody is free from abuse, harassment and/or assault.
We are committed to creating and nurturing an inclusive, supportive and safe environment for all, and through the Never OK and Changing the Culture campaigns the uea(su) and UEA are working to better support, educate and promote students and staff.
Never OK Promotes:
- enable frank, open and honest discussion
- provide clear signposting, training and support for all
- create a clear, robust system for disclosure, centralised reporting and seeking support
- build relationships based on trust and respect
- foster a culture where there is zero tolerance for sexual harassment, violence or hate crime against anyone
- take every disclosure seriously
- establish and follow fair and transparent processes
- reflect and review, to promote positive change
The University is committed to providing a safe environment to all students, staff and visitors. The University promises to thoroughly investigate all reports of inappropriate behaviour and conduct, and will implement recommendations and/or actions in line with the disciplinary policy, equality and diversity policies, and contracts of employment.
The University has zero tolerance towards:
- Sexual Assault and Harassment
- Hate Incidents
- Relationship/ Domestic Abuse