Academic Librarians are available to discuss your queries about ways to find research information and keep up to date with the latest in your area.
Vitae publish a useful booklet which looks at the skills needed for informed research, and includes a quiz to help you decide if you need some training in this.
Faculty librarians also run group practicals as part of the Personal & Professional Development (PPD) programmes within faculties. The content of these varies but you might expect some or all of the following:
- Basic and brief orientation of what's in the physical building
- Using UEA Library Search
- Finding other people's theses using Index to Theses & ProQuest
- Following a particular line of research eg an author, a paper (using Scopus)
- Brief mention of reference management tools eg Endnote
- What to do when we don't have the resources you need - interlibrary loans and other routes
- Setting up a journal or search alert
- Using automated feeds from database searches, journals, blogs
- Introduction to Open Access
- Using social media such as Researchgate, Academia.edu, Twitter, Delicious