Getting to know Camtasia
Powerful, yet easy-to-use, Camtasia helps you create professional videos without having to be a video pro.
8 simple steps to Successful screen casting.
1. Download the software from the UEA software catalogue…
2. Prepare your powerpoint or run through what you want to capture
3. Write a short script, including those key points that you want to communicate
4. Test your mic – make sure your mic is recording you well, or your room is quiet, good audio is really important!
5. Try a dry run through without recording, is it too long, too short, ideal bite size videos come in at about the 3-5 minute mark.
6. Hit record – don’t forget you can always trim the end or beginning, or start again, just give it a go.
7. Watch your finished result before saving out as a video file, is the sound okay, did the screen record the right thing?
8. Upload your exported video file to estream, or Youtube and share it!
Video tutorials and help sheets to get started with Camtasia
Techsmith have created video tutorials to help you get the most out of Camtasia Studio. Listed below is a selection from their Getting Started section.
For more TechSmith tutorials visit the Camtasia Studio 9 Tutorials web page.
Record, Edit, Share (4:45)
Editing your clips (4:04)
Editing Audio (3:56)
Download and install free video assets to edit your videos in Camtasia. Get started quickly with a collection of high-quality, royalty free elements that are perfect for all of your video needs.