The Talis online reading lists have been rolled over in preparation for the 2017/18 academic year. They have been rolled over into “Draft” status, and so need to be published before they can be linked to Blackboard courses or be viewed by student.
This has been done to give academic staff an opportunity to review and update their reading lists ahead of the start of the academic year, and to prevent students from doing preparatory reading based on an out of date reading list. When a list is republished, library staff will be alerted to any changes and can order ebooks and print stock accordingly.
Please note you will need to republish your reading list by the 31st July for the library to be able to process it for the start of the 2017/18 academic year.
You need to check your reading lists and make sure they are published by 31st July 2017.
1. Go to http://libreading.uea.ac.uk, and log in.
2. Search for the module(s) you are teaching via the search bar. You can search by module code or title. Make sure the reading list has (2017/18) after its title.
3. Click through to your reading list, and make sure you’re listed as the list owner. (If you’re not, go to Edit > Assign List Owner.)
4. You can add the reading list to your “My Lists” page on Talis by clicking the “Add to My Lists” button in the top right corner.
5. Review the items on your reading list, and make any changes needed for the 2017/18 content of your course. If you’re uncertain on how to edit or add items to a reading list there are a range of helpsheets on the Reading Lists Training and Support page, or you can contact us at Lib.Reading@uea.ac.uk to organise a training session.
6. Once you’re happy the list is up to date, go to Edit, and select “Publish” from the drop-down menu.
Now your reading list is live, you can link it to your Blackboard course.
1. Go to the 2017/18 version of the Blackboard course for the module.
2. Click on the “Online Reading List” link on your Blackboard course. When done for the first time, this should prompt you with search bar to choose a Talis reading list to link to your Blackboard course.
3. Select the relevant 2017/18 reading list, and click Save.
Anyone following this link will now be taken directly to your course’s reading list.
If you're new to Talis, head over to our Get Started page for an introduction to the system. We’ve also got a range of online training resources for Talis, which can be found on our Help and Training page.
You can also contact Lib.Reading@uea.ac.uk to book a 1-to-1 training session at a time convenient to you, or come to one of our weekly Talis Tuesdays drop-in sessions in the CTEL building from 2-4 PM every Tuesday afternoon.
There are a few key dates for the 2017/18 Talis rollover.
15th May 2017 – Talis online reading lists are rolled over for the 2017/18 academic year.
1st July 2017 onwards – Digitised chapter scans will be rolled over for the 2017/18 academic year. Please note that these may not be visible until 1st September 2017 to comply with our CLA licence.
31st July 2017 – Deadline for publishing 2017/18 reading lists. List published after this point may not have resources in stock for the start of Semester 1.
29th August 2017 – 2016/17 reading lists will be archived. If you need access to a 2016/17 reading list after this date, please contact Lib.Reading@uea.ac.uk with details of the course and reading list in question.