Getting to know Camtasia
Powerful, yet easy-to-use, Camtasia helps you create professional videos without having to be a video pro.
8 simple steps to successful screen casting
- Download the software from the UEA software catalogue
- Prepare your PowerPoint or run through what you want to capture
- Write a short script, including those key points that you want to communicate
- Test your mic – make sure your mic is recording you well, or your room is quiet, good audio is really important!
- Try a dry run through without recording, is it too long, too short, ideal bite size videos come in at about the 3-5 minute mark.
- Hit record – don’t forget you can always trim the end or beginning, or start again, just give it a go.
- Watch your finished result before saving out as a video file, is the sound okay, did the screen record the right thing?
- Upload your exported video file to eStream, or Youtube and share it!