The Academic Services Office (ASO) is located in the Arts building. In addition to providing support for the Director and Heads of Service and the Academic Director of Taught programmes the Office supports appeals, complaints and discipline activities, and the administration associated with staff recruitment activities.
Within the Service, also located in the Arts Building, the University Assessments and Quality Office (AQO) provides support for assessments and quality assurance and includes:
- Management of and advice in relation to internal Quality Assurance & Enhancement;
- Management of externally facing Quality Assurance and Enhancement activity;
- Production and publication of the examination timetable;
- Production of the course test timetable (during the main series exams event);
- Recruitment and training of invigilators;
- Preparation of examination rooms, examination papers and additional materials
- Security of examination papers and additional materials;
- Security of examination answer booklets;
- Dealing with individual arrangements for examinations and course tests;
- Dealing with delayed assessments;
- Dealing with misconduct in examinations and course tests;
- Production of pass lists.