The Academic Services Office (ASO) is located in the Arts building. In addition to providing support for the Director and Heads of Service and the Academic Director of Taught programmes the Office supports appeals, complaints and discipline activities, and the administration associated with staff recruitment activities.
Within the Service, and also located in the Arts Building, the University Assessments and Quality Office (AQO) provides support for assessments, quality assurance and student disclosures, including:
- Management of and Advice in relation to internal Quality Assurance & Enhancement;
- Management of externally facing Quality Assurance and Enhancement activity;
- Production and publication of the examination timetable;
- Recruitment and training of invigilators;
- Preparation of examination rooms;
- Security of examination papers and scripts;
- Dealing with individual arrangements for examinations;
- Dealing with delayed assessments;
- Dealing with misconduct in examinations;
- Production of pass lists;
- Processes Enhanced Disclosures with the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) for students who require one as part of their course. The DBS was formed following a merger between the Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) and the Independent Safeguarding Authority (ISA) which came into effect in December 2012.