Our Research Computing team provide a Ubuntu desktop customised for UEA with long term support.
If you want to connect a Linux machine to the UEA network it needs to be registered with the UEA DNS and managed by the UEA linux support team.
If you only want to connect a laptop to the wireless network you can do that through eduroam and it doesn't need to be registered on the DNS. If it is a personal machine then it can only connect through the wireless network.
To meet security policy, laptops are encrypted and access enabled via a passphrase in addition to the normal password.
Why would I want it?
- I have applications that only run on Linux.
- It makes it easier to integrate with working on the HPC
- I don't like windows !
How do I get it?
Email us at IT.Linux@uea.ac.uk
Let us know:
- Your username (eg abd12hgu)
- Machine name (eg env-12jh.env.uea.ac.uk)
- Your location
- A list of any non-standard software you require