|Opening Times||In Person (at the IT Service Desk)||Telephone Support|
|Mon-Fri||09:00 - 19:00||08:30 - 18:00|
|Sat-Sun||12:00 - 19:00||Closed (voicemail)|
|Telephone: 01603 59(2345)||Log a ticket||Twitter: @ueait|
|In Person: The Library, Floor 0||Email: email@example.com|
- Self-service - log and track your own ticket at itsupport.uea.ac.uk. This is the quickest and most efficient method.
- If your query is urgent and stopping you from working, contact us via telephone on 01603 592345.
- If your query is related to a teaching space, contact us on 01603 592345 and select option 1 when prompted.
- If your query is not urgent, contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can also visit us in person at the IT Service Desk in The Library, Floor 0.
The IT Service Desk is the first point of contact for information, advice and support for all of your IT questions and problems. We aim to provide an excellent support service to all current and prospective students, staff and visitors.
We have several support channels available to customers:
- A self-service IT Support Centre
- In person
- A growing Knowledge Base
You may be able to solve the problem yourself with a little help from our Knowledge Base. We are constantly improving the Knowledge Base and adding new articles to help make this possible.
A quick search online is also a great resource for finding the solution to problems with particular applications.
Vision for The IT Service Desk and IT Support
Our vision is to provide a professional customer-focused, single point of contact for IT advice and support, and be recognised as an excellent service provider by University staff, students and visitors.
Mission statement for The IT Service Desk and IT Support
Our mission is to continually develop our service to meet and exceed customer expectations and contribute to the success of the University through the provision of timely, consistently high quality and professional IT support at every customer contact, underpinning the University’s strategic plan.
We will achieve this through:
- Delivering a proactive, knowledgeable and reliable service offering advice and support.
- Offering a variety of contact methods to suit our customer’s needs, including telephone, self-service, in-person and email.
- Supporting and developing our staff to ensure we deliver an excellent quality service.
- Working with stakeholders to understand the needs of our customers.
- Continually developing and improving our services and processes.
- Taking positive action to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction.
To enable us to deal with your call in a prompt and efficient manner we ask that when contacting us you have the following information ready:
- Your username or student number
- Full details of the problem such as error messages, screenshots etc.
- The name of any programs you are having an issue with
- Your machine name or serial number
Sometimes we will need further information from you. If we do we will contact you. If after 3 attempts to contact you we do not receive a reply, we will contact you a final time and mark the ticket as resolved.