The University has a managed service contract with DTP Group to supply and install Hewlett Packard (HP) desktop and laptop PCs until 2018. Key service features include:
- A 5 day a week installation service with a DTP engineer onsite full-time.
- 2 hour windows for installations
- Same day response to warranty calls raised before 14:00
- Buffer stock held onsite and offsite to shorten lead times
- Extended warranty agreements compared to consumer products
Choosing a device
The University has tested and approved a set of desktop and laptop devices that can be purchased. A buyer's guide provides details of the desktop and laptops available and their costs:
Desktop or laptop models not in the Buyer’s Guide have not been tested by UEA and may not be compatible with UEA systems. DTP have been instructed not to process orders for devices that are not in the Buyer’s Guide.UEA and may not be compatible with UEA systems. DTP have been instructed not to process orders for devices that are not in the Buyer’s Guide.
If you require a desktop or laptop not within the Buyer’s Guide you can contact the IT Support Mangers, Malcolm Rae and Keith Porter. Exceptions can be granted if you have an occupational health statement that supports the purchase of a different model.
‘Fast Track’ - delivery and installation within 5 days available
Desktops and laptops are available for delivery and installation within 5 working days if you select the base configuration. These devices are held in buffer stock.
‘Configured to order’ - delivery and installation timescales
If you upgrade a component the device DTP Group order the device from HP. The lead time from HP to DTP Group is 14 working days for desktops and 20 working days for laptops. The devices are then built with UEA software and DTP are ready to book an installation slot with you. Choose a Fast Track device if you need it quickly.
Installation and support
Installations are carried out by a DTP Group engineer working to an agreed university process. Your new computer will be connected to the UEA wired network and you will be able to print to network printers. You will be shown how to access the UEA Application Catalogue so that you can download software that you need and will be able to access all files that have been stored on network shares.
- You can obtain a quote from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete an ‘Installation information’ spreadsheet and attach this to orders raised through ABW. This information is needed for installation and invoicing. If you are purchasing a computer for a new member of staff please complete the Installation Information spreadsheet and provide the details of a member of staff who will co-ordinate the installation process.
- If you require the ‘Off-campus’ build please state this on the purchase order and state ‘Service Bundle 8’.