The University has a managed service contract with DTP Group to supply and install Hewlett Packard (HP) desktop and laptop PCs until 2020.
Key service features include:
- A 5 day a week installation service with a DTP engineer onsite full-time
- 2 hour windows for installations
- Same day response to warranty calls raised before 14:00
- Buffer stock held onsite and offsite to shorten lead times
- Extended warranty agreements compared to consumer products
Choosing a device
The University has tested and approved a set of desktop and laptop devices that can be purchased. Click on the Buyer's Guide link below for details of the desktop and laptops available and their costs:
Desktop or laptop models not in the Buyer’s Guide have not been tested by UEA and may not be compatible with UEA systems. DTP have been instructed not to process orders for devices that are not in the Buyer’s Guide.
If you require a desktop or laptop not listed within the UEA Buyer’s Guide, please request this on the IT Service Desk portal, providing the following information:
- A brief outline of your requirements
- What it is you are trying to achieve
- What level of support you may require
- The specification of device that is recommended for the project, or role, that you are undertaking
Your email will be forwarded to our Business Relationship Manager for review. The more information you can provide us with the quicker we can help you with a purchase.
Exceptions can be granted if:
- You have an occupational health statement that supports the purchase of a different model
- DTP Group cannot meet the specific IT need of your project or role
- If you need a quote, please email: email@example.com with your required device model or specification
- If you are ordering a non-standard device, please see the instructions above
- When you are ready to order, complete an Installation information spreadsheet and send this as a separate document to:
FAO: Laura Burke
Quote your corresponding UEA PO number in the email to help DTP Group match up the installation with the right order.
Please do not attach this spreadsheet to your order raised through UBW. Unfortunately orders that go through the Parabilis marketplace are unable to transmit documents placed in those folders, to the supplier. The installation spreadsheet now needs to be submitted separately to DTP.
The information in this spreadsheet is required for booking installation appointments and invoicing purposes. Submitting this information when you place your order can help to speed up the delivery and installation process.
- New members of staff - If you are purchasing a computer for a new member of staff who has not yet started at UEA, please also complete the Installation information spreadsheet and provide the details of a member of staff who will co-ordinate the installation process. Submitting this information with your order can help to speed up the delivery process.
- Non-managed/Off-Campus builds - If you require a non-managed, ‘Off-campus’ build please state ‘Service Bundle 8’ on the purchase order. There are multiple services that an off-campus device cannot access and additional responsibilities that the user of the device, must accept. We strongly recommend that you contact us, via the IT Service Desk portal, for details of these.
- End user details for delivery/installation - When an order is placed, please also email the end-user details together with the UEA PO number directly to DTP at: firstname.lastname@example.org This will help speed up the appointment booking process between DTP Group and UEA end-users.
Delivery times for new devices, listed below, are currently being affected by a global Intel® CPU shortage. Read more about this on our Intel® Supply Constraints page.
‘Fast Track’ - delivery and installation within 5-10 days available
Desktops and laptops are available for delivery and installation within 5-10 working days. To qualify for Fast Track, you must
- Select the base configuration from the standard devices listed in the Buyers Guide
- Supply the end user details (including installation location) when submitting your UEA Purchase Order – See Ordering Process above.
These devices are held in buffer stock.
‘Configured to order’ - delivery and installation timescales
If you upgrade a component on the device DTP Group will order the device from HP. The lead time from HP to DTP Group is 10-12 working days for desktops and 15-18 working days for laptops. The devices are then built with UEA software and DTP are ready to book an installation slot with you.
Installation and Support
Installations are carried out by a DTP Group engineer working to an agreed university process. Your new computer will be
- Connected to the UEA wired network
- Able to print to network printer
- Able to access the UEA Application Catalogue to download software that you need
- Able to access all files that have been stored on network shares
If you require any additional software, which IT Support has previously installed on your old device, installed on to your new device, please request this via the IT Service Desk portal.
Secure IT Equipment Recycling Service
The DTP Group engineer will dispose of your old device for you in line with UEA disposal procedures. The device will be securely held in ITCS for 2 weeks. After this, it will be securely transported to DTP Group’s storage unit for another 2 weeks. During this 4 week period you can request the device is returned to you. We will need the serial number of the device to locate it. Please request this on the IT Service Desk portal, including the serial number of the device.
If you have any further questions, including the impact of Coronavirus on device availability, please see our FAQ section.