All Staff and Students at the UEA get issued with a campus card. The credit card sized card shows the cardholders name, photo, staff or student number, staff/student status, Library borrowing and Sportspark barcodes. Your campus card is needed to borrow books from the library, access the car park, Library and Sportspark, and in some cases gain access to certain rooms and buildings around campus.
You will need a campus card to gain access to the following:
- Library - access and also for borrowing and returning library materials.
- PrintPlus+ service for printing and photocopying.
- Car Park.
- Restricted access areas - Labs in some schools.
- The Sportspark.
- Student Union Membership (UEA and national membership).
If your campus card has been lost or stolen or you need a replacement card you will need to visit us at the IT Service Desk, on Floor 0 in The Library and we will print you your new card.
- Please check with Library staff or Lost Property at the Security Lodge to see if your card has been handed in.
- Before you report to IT Services that your card is lost, it may be worth checking again before you opt to have a new card printed. This is because when a new card is printed for you, your old card becomes invalid. Even if you find your old card it is not possible to re-activate it.
- Replacing a lost card costs £10. There is no charge for stolen cards if you show the IT Service Desk staff the crime number issued to you by the Police Force.
- If your card needs to be replaced through wear and tear:
- There is no charge for this service. You must bring your old card that you want replaced to swap with your new replacement card. Without your old card we will have to charge you the £10 replacement fee.
- Please be aware that updates to your details are made in the relevant student or staff databases by your Teaching Hub or Human Resources. To enable us to print your card promptly and to save you a journey, we strongly recommend that you check that your details have been updated prior to visiting us at the IT Service Desk. You can check this by logging into the UEA Identity Management Website, SPOT or at MyView.