Staff and Students with a University email address can change their password using a UEA computer or online.
- On UEA Windows computers press CTRL, ALT, DEL and select ‘Change a password’.
- Visit https://spot.uea.ac.uk, login and follow the ‘Change Password’ steps.
- If you have not setup your verification information you will need to phone the IT Service Desk who can reset your password manually after verifying your identity.
You can reset your password online if you have already completed the Set Security Information steps.
- Login to https://spot.uea.ac.uk
- Select 'Set Security Information'.
- Choose a verification image and word then select three memorable questions with answers.
To be valid your password needs to:
- Contain both upper-case and lower-case letters
- Contain at least one number
- Not contain any symbols
- Not start with a number
- Not contain any personal information such as your surname
- Not be the same or similar to any of your last 9 passwords
It is important that you keep your password secret. Do not write your password down or tell it to anyone else.
Be sure to change your password regularly to maintain the best security.
IT Services may enforce a password reset on your account if we believe that your security has been compromised or as part of a regular password refresh cycle.
Remember the UEA will never ask for your password either by email or over the phone. If you have any doubts about an email you have received just delete it.
Always keep alert for Spam and Phishing emails. Never open attachments from unknown senders and don't click on links to suspicious websites. If you are unsure then contact the IT Service Desk.