MS Office 365
General Guides #
- Why Office 365: guide describing the benefits and features of Office 365.
- How to Access Office 365: Shows you how to access Office 365 whilst on campus or from home.
- Download Free Software: Students can download and install MS Office for free on up to five devices. Other software and apps are available for students and staff to install such as Lync and OneDrive.
- Disabled Features: Although we have enabled Office 365 we have not as yet moved all email accounts into Office 365. This guide will describe those features that will not work until your email has moved.
Using OneDrive #
- Sharing Documents from OneDrive: this guide will show you how to upload a file into OneDrive and share it with others. Methods of collaborating and editing that document online are explored.
- Syncing OneDrive Libraries to your computer: if you have multiple devices all accessing OneDrive this guide will explain how to keep them all synced.
- OneDrive and UEA Filestore: this document explains the key differences between the two storage facilities you know have access to.
- YouTube Video - Using OneDrive (Formerly SkyDrive)
- YouTube Video - Sharing Files internally
- YouTube Video - Sharing Files externally
Using Lync (Currently being rebranded as Skype for Business) #
- Setup an Online Meeting: this guide will show you how to have a meeting online and to use the built in tools of Lync for performing a presentation or collaborating on notes.
- YouTube Video - What is Lync
Getting Started #
- YouTube Video - Get Orientated
- YouTube Video - Change Picture
- YouTube Video - Conversation History
- YouTube Video - Check your Audio
- YouTube Video - Check your Video
Lync Presence, IM and Contacts #
- YouTube Video - Contacts
- YouTube Video - Presence
- YouTube Video - Instance messaging
- YouTube Video - Contact Cards
Have a meeting online #
Quotas, Security and Policies #
- Information Compliance in OneDrive: Ensuring you are safe whilst using OneDrive is important. This guide provides some information on things to consider.
- Quotas, Limits and Retention Policies: this guide describes the limits in place for using Office 365. These are useful to know for things such as number of emails you can send in a day or the types of files that can be uploaded to OneDrive.
- Mobile Device Security Guidance & Policy
- Email Best Practice Guidance & Policy
- Conditions of Computer Use
- Guidance on Uploading Photos to your profile
Frequently Asked Questions #
A series of questions and answers can be found here