The following guidelines are offered to help you get the most from UEA's IT services.
Password best practice
- Changing your UEA Password - Guidance on how to set secure passwords.
- How to encrypt a Microsoft Office document - Microsoft (MS) Office 2007 enables you to use password encryption. This is standard functionality; no additional data encryption software is needed. The security of a password protected file depends on the strength of the encryption algorithm and the strength of the password.
Email best practice
- Email guidelines for effective communication - Advice on how to use email as an effective communication tool.
- Email confidentiality notice - Standard text to add to any sensitive email where confidentiality is a concern.
- Email disclaimer notice - Standard text to add to any email going outside the University.
- Reporting emails with inappropriate content - Guidance on which inappropriate emails should be reported and how to do this.