Extension Arrangements Extension Arrangements

If for reasons beyond your control you cannot pay what you owe to the University within the twenty-eight day period, or if you are unable to meet your instalment payment, you should seek an extension of time to pay by calling at the Finance Office in Registry. There is an administration charge of £10.00 per invoice for extensions, payable upon application. If permission for an extension of time to pay is not granted, the administration charge is refundable.

Please note:  The University will only grant a one month extension once per academic year.  Once instalments are set then the University expects all students to arrange payments on the dates set as they are given sufficient notice.


Where invoices have not been paid by the invoice due date late fees will be charged on a sliding scale as follows:

Invoice Late Fee
Up to £20.00 Amount outstanding   
£20.01 to £25.99 £20.00
£26.00 to £100.99 £25.00
£101.00 to £500.99 £30.00
£501.00 to £1,000.01          £40.00
Over £1000.01 £50.00

Extension Fee

Students who are granted an extension to the time allowed for payment of fees and charges shall pay an additional fee of £10 per invoice.

Payment Method

An administration charge of £10 will be made for any change requested and made to the method of payment

Unpaid Cheque/Direct Debit

There will be an administration charge made of £15 for any unpaid direct debit.

Information on debts Information on debts

If you fail to pay your invoices and have not had an extension of time to pay agreed, you may be suspended from the University and will be re-admitted only with permission of the Vice-Chancellor and after payment of the full amount of the account including any late fees.  Students who have been suspended by the University must pay their account within twelve months otherwise they will be deemed withdrawn.

If you have any debts owing to the University from a previous academic year (including fines and instalments due during a break or vacation) you may not be allowed to re-register at the start of the new year and the University may take County Court action to recover these debts.

You should also be aware that students who do not clear their debts may have their campus card de-activated and that no degree, diploma or other qualification will be conferred upon any person who has outstanding debts on completion of their course of study.

If you leave with debts to the University outstanding and have made no arrangement to settle the debt or do not keep to a payment arrangement, the University can take further steps to recover the debt. In relation to international students the University may employ the services of an international debt collection agency. This will increase the amount recoverable to include the cost of employing debt collectors. For home students the University may institute court proceedings to recover the debt and the legal costs incurred.