The university has appointed Dangerous Goods Shippers (DGS), under the direction of the Dangerous Goods Safety Advisor (DGSA), to advise and assist you with shipping to and from the university. The MED DGS is James Goillau (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Researchers working in the BMRC can view the shipping guidance from sciences.
BMRC & BCRE have staff who will receipt, notify and arrange collection of all incoming deliveries. If your parcel has been received by you directly from suppliers and has not gone via these staff please receipt the order yourself on UBW (or the invoice will not be paid).
If you are expecting a delivery you must ensure that:
- You’ve provided the correct address
- Notified any staff receipting on your behalf about possible chemical & biological dangers and that appropriate risk assessments are in place before arrival.
- All chemicals and biological products are promptly added to your groups chemical inventory. A blank form can be downloaded here.
- Large equipment is added to insurance inventories (inform laboratory manager of details)
- Electrical equipment is appropriately PAT tested or visually inspected prior to use