Reliable and frequent bus services are key factor in the University Travel Plan. The University continues to work closely with the local bus companies to continually make improvements to services, discounted ticketing opportunities, new initiatives such as ticketing on mobiles and ensure there are conveniently placed, well lit and maintained waiting areas.
Bus routes to the university
First buses run the following buses, see their timetables and costs:
- number 25 and 25a from Norwich train station (via Earlham Road and Unthank Road)
- number 22 from Old Catton (via Bowthorpe)
Konnect buses run the following buses, see their timetables and costs:
- number 9 from Wymondham (via the hospital)
Park and Ride
Costessey Park & Ride Konect Bus Service 604 serves the main University campus every twenty minutes, Monday to Friday throughout the year. Travel time between Costessey and the main campus is just 10 minutes.
The cost of the parking and travel is just £1.00 return for campus card holders. Please show the driver your campus card when purchasing your ticket
Lost/Stolen bus season ticket insurance
The company currently providing bus pass insurance, Travel & General, announced earlier this year it will no longer be selling insurance policies for staff and student passes.Anyone who has already purchased insurance prior to March 1 is still insured, and will be until their policy runs out. If anyone has a claim, they should contact First Bus via their contact form.
Konect Bus 9: Wymondham to UEA via NNUH
Service 9 was changed in January and the peak period only buses were withdrawn from the Campus due mainly because of traffic congestion in the area and very low numbers using the bus from UEA. The off peak service still operates as before
From 1 June, staff and students at the University will be able to buy tickets on their smart phones via a new app, "First Mobile Tickets". UEA customers will no longer need to complete a paper based application, provide or photo or queue during the first week of term to purchase their 3 month.
- UEA customers can now purchase via the "First Mobile Ticket App" which is available for free on App Store and Google Play.
- Customers simply download the app, register, select the ticket they want and navigate the secure payment system.
- Once the payment section is complete, bus tickets will be downloaded and live in a virtual wallet ready for the customer to show the driver.
- Repeat users need only select the required tickets and confirm their debit/credit card's security code.
National Express provide coach services to London (service 490) and all major airports (service 727) with a pick up/set down point located in the lay-by outside the ZICER building. Visit National Express for booking.
The campus is also served by Megabus.com. who operate a twice daily service to London. Tickets start from £1.00 one-way. Book on-line on the Megabus website.
Frequently asked questions
See the Estates help centre for a comprehensive list of questions for those who travel by bus